• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

here goes nuttin folks....

I like brittle nosed plecs. I think its funny when they bristle out their gills when they are trying to scare you off....

So stock update....i was getting some surface algea so i put 5 guppys in there just to munch it away just males so i wont get an endless supply like before), I have got a brittle nosed plec and 3 clownloach. I aldso got 10 tetras (cant remember the name of the species though unfortunstly, they have a spot on them line an eye and have a large black dorcal) starting to come back to life in there now thank goodness....been building up stock gradualy...think i may have to make a trip to my LFS again this weekend ;)

The tetras are black phanotm tetras, I added 10 harlequins in there too now....

Just waiting for the shrimp to breed so I can have a prune of the plants as they have gone a bit mad now then Ill take some more pics.....

The derded white spot arrived (presumably from a LFS!) so ive upped the temp to 30 to kill it off

Also the powersupply to the moon light leds died too....I think some things were just comming to the end of their life"

Well...long time since i updated......I am quite a happy bunny currently as 1...im now a Dad! and 2 i have a tank full of Cherry Red Shrimps of the London Dragon lienage!!!!! the few survivors have repopulated and I have shed load of them now.

In restocking I added 3 small clown loach which seem really happy along with the brittle nosed plec the 20 tetras and harlequins and a couple of glass catfish....given that I am up to my armpits with nappy's the planted element is having to take a backseat for the time being so the CO2 is off but the plants seem to be coping ok (although not growing fast)

Clown loaches favourite food is shrimp!!!

Quite a few people have ended up providing a nice expensive snack for their loaches.

Mind you some people have been ok with shrimp and loaches the plants providing enough hiding spaces for shrimp to escape and shrimp breeding fast enough to make up any losses.

I have 3 very active loaches and despite plenty of plants and hiding places have not risked shrimp yet.

update time...My nipper loves looking at the tank but I admit it has been some what neglected (maintained for health of livestock rather than plants). I haven't ever had an issue with clown loaches eating shrimp...and this tank is no exception...loads of shrimp still....The male guppies I bought just to get it going again are gradually reaching the end of their time on this earth though....

I am planning on keeping the tan on tick over until my lad is a little older then we can go and restock with plants and livestock properly and start to teach him about responsibility etc...but that will be in a year or so's time.

I am looking forward to getting back into it again but the nappies, horsy back rides, tickles and constant "no don't touch the telly" is taking too much of my time to do things properly

Hi everyone, long time since my last update.....
Well...my nipper has ended up killing all my marine fish by banging on the tank so if anyone wants a trip to Banbury for a 60 liter nano marine tank with about 10-15KG of very happy live rock its yours for £100

My planted tank well......

Its still growing! had a massive clean out of overgrown stuff (got two bucket loads of Bio mass out of it...then grrr the tetratech filter decided to not play any more...i managed to get it to limp whilst i got a replacement but the water quality suffered as a result and the majority of my shrimp have bought it...the new filter (An Ehime experience) is now installed and running in. I need to replace some of the pipe work but getting flow back and the filter bedding in was my prime priority.

Im toyiing with the idea of replacing the gravel substrate with aquarium soil so i can get the CO2 on again and get some HC growing as it could never take roote on the gravel as it was too big any recommendations as to what to use?

Oh and big clown....ive never had an issue with clown loach destroying plants if they are fed frozen live food

Hi all...
Writing this with the cricket on as we have the auzzes at knocked out for 60!
The new filter is sooooooo much better than its predecessor...im ehime all the way from now on!

Although im taking care of my plants since my local fire extinguisher shop has closed I have no way of getting CO2...does anyone know where I can get refills near Banbury? even if it means buying a refillable tank..

Bitten the bullet...bought a adapter so i can put soda stream canisters on the tank

Ok....so the soda stream adapter arrived and its all plumed in and working perfectly...after just a day the plants left in the tank started to produce bubbles...time to buy some more plants me thinks!!! the shrimp obviously like the water a little more acidic as they are all out feasting (maybe its made some algae grow?) the fish are getting used to the situation still...

Im looking for a carpet plant which isn't HC as ive never had any luck with it....somthing small and grassy would be good anyone got any ideas? please help!

Ok using flicker for the first time...here is how the tank looks right now....

21078083452_885df80940_k.jpgMy rescape by leetaylor, on Flickr

I hope this has worked...
As you can see ive moved the hardscape...that's because the tank has moved and the left hand side is not the "back" of the tank...., new smaller gravel and the plants are just starting off again
Ive got new led lighting on order and hoping the HC will take now i have the smaller substrate

My marine tank has now been dismantled :( but i genuinely didn't have enough time for it)

Some of the HC is beginning to pearl!!!! i hope this means its going to grow this time!

Back