• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

here goes nuttin folks....

So Video time!

As I said I have got my fish tank voice activated....I was very impressed with myself I must say!

The "Magic" happens all because of three of these

http://sonoff.itead.cc/en/products/residential/s20-socket

£9.99 each off of ebay which is not much more than a normal timer. they come with their own controller app for Android/Apple https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coolkit&hl=en_GB

This app will let you set your normal timings up and set up any "Scenes" so for example I can switch everything off in on go If I need to. Google assistant has a connector to the controller app (I'm not sure if Siri on Apple does but if it doesn't its another reason not to buy apple).

Once linked together you name the plug or the scene and away you go telling it to switch on and off!

Slight problem to report today....My PH probe has gone on the fritz...this meant that the co2 flooded the tank...the plants LOVE it...the fish not so much! ive had a couple of harlequins go but im hoping i cought it in time before a lot of other stock dies...new one on order...no co2 going into the tank for a bit

Yes, it "should" be set to keep it stable but my probe was reading over 11! so it was gunning the CO2! ive been using it for 10 years an the tank seems really good for it I do let the levels drop over night as the plants are not photosynthosysing so they dont need it

Hi,

Thought id post an update pic

38815706761_038b4dc1a2_b.jpg
2017-12-03_09-38-22 by leetaylor, on Flickr

Its not got some grass to hopefully make a carpet

hi all, so update time....My PH controler went nuts! i bought a new probe if that was the issue but it wasnt...it was reading -2 ph which i think was accurate would burn a hole down to the center of the earth,

So i got a new one so this is going free (+Postage) to anyone who wants to try fix it

39374615201_ae36ab7b1c_b.jpg
Free to a good home by leetaylor, on Flickr

As I have had no co2 going in the plant growth has been prety slow but its looking lush still

27491428499_4c5a094397_b.jpg
Tank comming along by leetaylor, on Flickr

So heres to 2018 and some CO2 going into my tank (10p says my fire extinguisher runs out now lol

not that you can see much of it i went for a bogwood look not a rocky look....those crypts at the frount look much better when the Co2 is working as they flattern out rather than grow up

So little update time, I have trimmed back some of the Java fern as I was getting some algea build up on it but i am sure It will grow back...

I bought a new baby :
39968207101_69f8e644de_b.jpg
New baby by leetaylor, on Flickr

Ok I bought 2

25097635697_8dfb31de85_b.jpg
Ok I got a boy and a girl by leetaylor, on Flickr

And they look awesome under the moon lights

28188984309_b9268cb96a_b.jpg
And they look awesome at night by leetaylor, on Flickr

Back