• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heterandria Formosa - Least Killi

Gill

Got this pair @ the BLA Sow a couple of weeks ago.

I know have found a size of tank they like.
A Tall Eliptical 2 Gallon.
Planted with Lots of Java Moss and using Tropical Clay Plant Pots.
Tankmates are Yellow Cherries and a 3 Horned Bumblebee Snail.

Male
Picture022-5.jpg

Female
Picture028-3.jpg

I really like these! Great little fish.

I suppose you know, but, in case you don't, they reproduce using a process called superfoetation. It's where their fry all mature at different times so that they produce one or two mature fry in a go very regularly, rather than produce distinct broods like other livebearers.

eds said:
I really like these! Great little fish.

I suppose you know, but, in case you don't, they reproduce using a process called superfoetation. It's where their fry all mature at different times so that they produce one or two mature fry in a go very regularly, rather than produce distinct broods like other livebearers.

Thanks, The female dropped a Huge fry within thein 1st 24 hours - But this was from the stress of moving around so much during those hours.
Not had any more fry yet, so they are being fed daphnia, and red asth.... something micro powdered food.

Are you a member of the BLA then?

I joined in the summer last year and had my first newsletter this week!

I was a member of the BKA before that as well and I've also been a member of the BCA (some years ago).

I find I get dispondant with not being able to keep the fish I want to (time, money, space etc) and then give up for a while and then get renewed interest some time later. My dream is to give up work (I'd accept part time!) and have a fish house.....

beeky said:
Are you a member of the BLA then?

I joined in the summer last year and had my first newsletter this week!

I was a member of the BKA before that as well and I've also been a member of the BCA (some years ago).

I find I get dispondant with not being able to keep the fish I want to (time, money, space etc) and then give up for a while and then get renewed interest some time later. My dream is to give up work (I'd accept part time!) and have a fish house.....

yeah I joined the BLA on the day of the show, and have already put my name down for the next show in Notts in may.
I really enjoyed myself and found the amount of money people were prepared to spend on the fish they wanted crazy.
I am also looking into becoming a member of the Midlands Goldfish Association, as really enjoyed that show last year and got some real bargains on lionheads that day, for my ponds.

Back