• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hexamita

Millns84

I'm having some really bad luck at the moment - I've recently treated my blue acara for internal parasites with Waterlife Octozin, and during treatment noticed a couple of hatchetfish develop white spot.

The white spot has now gone and I'm assuming that the Octozin also took care of that.

During all of this, my dominant ram developed a mark on his head. I assumed it was from fighting as he's a bit of a character and I also assumed that Octozin treated hexamita so there would be little chance of him coming down with it in a tank already containing the treatment!

Fast forward a couple of weeks and I really think the mark is hexamita. The little white-ish/grey mark remains and has spread a little, certainly worse than it was and I'm now looking for treatment ideas.

I'm hesitant to run another course of Octozin as it was in the water for around a week while he developed this mark, which suggests to me that it won't work.

I've been looking at Esha Hexamita, is it any good? Any other recommendations?

These are the best I could get...
IMG_20200329_180558.jpg
IMG_20200329_180541.jpg

Could be HITH.
Have you done anything different in the tank recently, like rescaping, major filter cleaning?

So I've just started treatment with Esha Hexamita this afternoon.

Can't find any information on how long to keep it in the water but I'm going to assume it's seven days...

He was actually looking slightly better today but I don't know if that's because some of the white skin on his head had flaked off! Hoping it works either way!

Well he's taken a turn for the worse today, 24hrs since full dose of Esha Hexamita was reached (you build it up over three days).

He's currently hiding in the vallis at the back of the tank, quicker gilling and showing darker colour. The patch on his head hasn't grown any but seems a bit more white now... Sure I saw a tiny red spot in the middle of it earlier?

Any ideas? Instructions on the Esha bottle say you can double or triple the dose but simultaneously says not to use more than the recommended amounts!

Obviously I don't want to endanger the other fish in the tank with higher doses but if he gets any worse, I don't think it'd be right to let him keep suffering.

Back