• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my aquascape Hey all new member, any critique appreciated!

Cuninho

Hi all, just rescaped my 100litre. Went for an amazonian (mainly the fish) kind of stump breaking up through some slate, until I couldn't hold back anymore on the Buce and went Buce crazy (who can blame me).

Something is a little off to me looking at it, but not being very good at aquascaping, any pointers would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!

(Oh I had to turn the light up to get a decent pic on my potato, it isnt normally this bright and white)

Attachments

• 20201113_183013.jpg
    20201113_183013.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 459
Hi you donot mention if you are using co2 or not.

Ive made some markings on your photo It is attached. Personally I’d alter it slightly and make the most of the nice triangular composition you’ve created (apologies for the crude scribblings!)
FA39162F-214A-4B95-A1DB-311678F2936B.jpeg

- Add some largish stones where marked in red. Anywhere around there, No need to build a wall just place 3 stones maybe of differing sizes. Donot place one directly in the middle of the tank! My line goes back a bit too far, don’t put one amongst the background stems!

- lose the Amazon sword and go for something lower, plants descending in height right to left.

+0- your wood is quite far back so some nice fern where marked to use as a background plant. Trident if using co2, Petite if not.

- a nice carpeting plant all over the open soil in front. It should be covered in plantlets, not left open. Check an easy one if no co2.

- whats the wire on the back, growing a moss wall? If it’s just resting there,remove the moss and simply rub or glue it onto the rocks or wood where you would like it.

Hope that gives you some food for thought.

ps. Clean the glass on the rhs! 👍😂

Last edited:
Dude, thats some awesome info so thanks a lot haha a few things to do now. The swords are going in to another tank so that's great they can go. I was thinking of moving the Rotala right against the back where you mentioned the fern. (I have a Blue Phantom Plec in here and man he LOVES to eat Java Fern!) I haven't kept Rotala Wallichii before though so not sure how well it would fill that background in? I did buy some Dwarf Sag to start a carpet, which has done amazing, it just doesnt send any runners haha got the same nice looking Sag I started with. I know the Sag I have are ok without co2 but would it carpet without? Never really tried carpeting plants always having cichlids. Yeah the mesh is some Java Moss I took out of this tank, just letting it grow on there to chuck in my shrimp tank. This tank is damned full of the stuff but you cant see it. So hard to clean it acts like filter floss. Hahaha do you mean the right hand side of the front, of the actual right hand side? I won't lie I though itd be great to only ever clean the front (Just not below the substrate clearly lol) and let the algae build up on the sides, but now you have given me a glass complex lol!

Thanks so much for all the advice though, cant beat someone elses having a look and their opinion. Will be sure to report back!

Back