• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hey, from Devon!

Evangeline

Seedling
Hey, I'm Marni and I've always had fish tanks since I was a little child. I'm 21 now and still have tanks, although they have gotten bigger and better over the years, I have now though gone back to smaller tanks. My biggest achievement was my 3ft Jewel Tank, it was a 15th Birthday Gift from my Nan, it was my life and soul but I moved house and left it at my Nans, the fish slowly died off and now I have the empty tank.

I've had a 'planted' Fluval Edge set up for about a year and an ADA 60-P ready to be set up :D

I've joined here in the hope that I can get idea's for my ADA. I have been painstakingly sorting out the Amazonian Aquasoil and the Powersand and as the previous owner mixed the 2 together instead of the Powersand and underneath.

The ADA is unused though, they just put the substrate in to set it up but never got round to it :) £80 with 20kg of Seiryu Stone free :p I don't think were using the Seiryu Stone though lol.

Hi
I am a lot older than you !! and I have kept fish on and off since I was a child, I don't know what it is but I love it, my husband says it is because I am a control freak, and I think he has a point!

The only thing is because we keep moving I have had to dismantle them and rehome the fish, I am hoping that our next move will be the last, but I thought if I set up a planted tank it will be easier to move when we do.
Having looked at these forum pages it looks a lot more complicated than I expected, there is so much choice, so I am looking for guidance from the bottom (substrate) up.

That's why we haven't set up the ADA, I couldn't risk scratching the glass mainly, but as I want shrimp I couldn't face stripping it down possibly killing some, especially if there are babies. I started with 6 CRS last May, I now have 1 male, out of the 6 I only had 1 female, she got berried then the shrimplets died, then so did momma and I almost cried. I have 4 Horned Nerites too :)

I have the Fluval Stratum substrate at the moment and hate it, because of the bad experience I've had I'm reluctant to use the Amazonian Aquasoil I got with the ADA and would prefer to use sand, but my partner wants to use the Aquasoil :( but then I had a bad experience with sand as my plants died but I didn't use fertiliser's or CO2 :)

Welcome to the forum Marni.

Back