• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi folks, another new member joins, from Suffolk.

aquamouse

Seedling
Hi everyone,
I have been looking at the site for a while and thought it was about time to join up so I can get some specific advice and opinions.
At the moment I have a 110 litre Jewel record which I am upgrading to a Rio 240. (I will remove the internal filter)
I have just finished building a 4 door fitted cabinet for the new tank (I am a furniture maker) and have an Eheim pro 3 2073 on the way. I am making my own CO2 system with a fire extinguisher and a regulator with solenoid valve. I am looking into a system of pumped water tubes under the substrate with strategically positioned, hidden nozzles to increase water movement and avoid dead spots. I want lots of rock in my new aquascape but as yet have little idea on the best substrate or the most suitable plants to use.
So I still have lots to do but little by little its all coming together, very excited.
I will post some pics of the cabinet with new tank installed as I start fitting it out. :D

Hi Tom, thanks for the welcome message,
I am in Benhall just outside Saxmundham. Looks like you are in Ipswich. Got any ideas on where to buy stock? Can't find anyone who really knows about plants. I know of 4 fish shops, Seapets, Martlesham Aquatics, Viking Aquatics & I though I would take a trip to Rats,Cats & Elephants and see what they are like.
All the best, Michael (known as Mouse).

Hi Micheal,.. :)
Welcome to UKAPS,... :)

Your ideas sound very interesting,....looking forward to see the journal. ;)

Take care

Faizal

Thanks for the recommendations on shops. Will try Rats Cats & Elephants today as it's my day off.

Also thanks Mike above for your link to your journal, most helpful as I've got lots to learn.

Hello,

I went through Benhall yesterday, went to Rendelsham forest with the kids, didn't see any UFOs though !

I'm in Heveningham, I make the trek to Swallow Aquatics East Harling -> http://www.swallowaquatics.co.uk/EastHarling.aspx lots of fish, but last time I was there the plant health was disappointing, but that was 6 months ago.

look forward to seeing the journal - do you have a particular rocks in mind?

Chris

Hi Chris, we are quite local to each other, nice to know. Rendlesham is great we often take the kids there.
Thanks for the link, I went to Rats Cats & Elephants and was quite impressed generally although I was in a rush to get back for school run. They have an old stock fluvial 240 with T8 lights going cheap but I think I will spend the extra and get a jewel 240 with T5 lights.
Rocks. Not decided but I want them all the same type, quite angular/flat so I can build terraces with vertical edges. I would like a light grey colour. Got any ideas?
(bet you wish you'd never asked now :) ) I know some rocks give off nasty stuff.
Thanks, all the best, Michael

Back