Hi from edinburgh

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by mini, 2 Apr 2008.

1. mini

mini Newly Registered

lo folks
    Great site, just what ive been looking for. You've already been helping me out as i've been lurking here for a while now :D so thanks for the info.

I am gathering the bits i need to set up my old 3x2x2 as a planted tank, so far ive got the lighting, co2, filter and heater sorted and ive just ordered a new panel of glass for the front of the tank as its badly scratched, its about 18 years old so i was going to take it apart and reseal it anyway so thought i may as well replace the front panel while i was at it.

I've been keeping tanks for about 18 years i think, but this is the first time i've been serious about plants and i'm really looking forward to it, i've got a lot to learn but with your help im sure i'll get there.

cheers
    mini

2. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Welcome, i'm glad you like it here. Have a read through the articles up at the top as these may answer a lot of the questions that you will no doubt have.
    We are all here to help so grab a brew, make yourself at home and get reading and don't be affraid to ask questions :D

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Hi welcome along :)

4. planter

planter Member

Hi,
    wow 3x2x2 nice big scape! :) brave move to replace the front panel yourself! you know a thing or two about building tanks?

5. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

Hello and welcome.

6. mini

mini Newly Registered

thanks for the welcome, ive built an acrylic tank before, a couple of sumps and rebuilt a glass tank, its pretty easy and there are plenty guides around. I tried to get opti-white but the guy i use doesnt get that in 10 mm only 6mm so i plumped for 10mm float glass.

7. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Welcome along, mini!

3x2x2' is a lovely size. Look forward to seeing it soon, I hope...