• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Leicester.

MrMarlow

Hey all!

What started as a "keep a few fish" has now turned into something a little bigger. I am at my fish limit with the 60L I original bought, so have just purchased a Fluval Shaker 252 (210L) and after watching MD Fish Tanks on youtube, have decided I want to take a shot at aqua-scaping, as daunting as it feels right now.

The second tank (210L) doesn't have any plants or water yet - decorating the living room before building the setup is a demand the missus isn't moving on - but I do have the driftwood I want in the tank, the tank, and the stand, so I have a good start.

Probably won't see me talk much for a while, especially not after the first 25 posts, as I'm sure I have far more knowledge to gain than give at this point in the journey.

Hoping the first 210L goes well because I have a second tank coming (also 210L) which will be going in my home office.

Welcome :)
I used to live in Leicestershire, which Maidenhead pointed you in this direction ?
Thanks for the welcome!
The MA would be the one at Palmers garden centre, in Enderby. I find the staff there a little more ... involved ... than the Atherstone branch. I don't find Atherstone staff bad, they are friendly etc, I just found from the small talk that there's a couple at the Palmers branch who really live aquatics, so much so they have their own businesses in tanks etc outside of their jobs at MA.

The MA would be the one at Palmers garden centre, in Enderby
That was my local too. Hence the referral to UKAPS. George scaped a tank in there a few years back, long since torn down now though.

George did a nice job. The one they have now is much smaller and feels less refined.

I should be back there tomorrow or Friday for Daphnia, since my fish seem to love it, so will take a picture of their current tank whilst I'm there, and post it here.

Back