• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from letchworth

Lawrence

Hi everyone.
Im not new to fish keeping, in one way or another ive kept fish for most my life. Most recently being a reef tank but since having twin boys ive not had the time to look after a full reef so sadly ive been fishless for nearly a year.
The bugs starting to bite again now and im considering setting up my smaller 2ft sumped cube as a planted tropical tank. Ive got all the equipment from my reef so i think its just going to be a case of buying the aquascape materials then adding plants and fish but nowhere near that simple.
Anyway i look forward to getting as much advice as possible on here before i start as it will be my first atempt at keeping a planted tank.
Cheers for reading
Lawrence

Where is scotsdales? I know the MA at coton. Ive been to amwell at epping and soham when i e been that way with work, both had nice planted tanks on display and seemed to sell everything you could need.
Talking of which so i can tick everything off the list is there any other equipment i need?
I have the tank and ai hydra and vega led lights from my reef, just need to decide which one to use. Ive got a co2 system and a profilux aquarium computer that will run just about every automation needed. Dosing pumps if i need to dose anything.
I suppose its fertilisers that i will need to read into abit more though.

If im honest im not a fan. For koi i couldnt fault it but not a tan of the trops and marine section

Back