• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Malaysia

dr_dunno

Seedling
Hi :wave:, I am a new to the aquarium and planted tank world. I have a 84L tank (60cm x 35cm x 40cm), which I am yet to start on. I am planning to starting off with a low-tech tank, and if things go well (including having sufficient savings), I will get my pressurised CO2 setup within 6 months. I have the basic equipment, substrates and I am now only waiting for my plants, which I have ordered and should reach me by Friday of this week, after which I should kick off my new hobby. Very excited and looking forward to the next weekend. :happy:

I will post pics of the tank before, during and after initial planting.

I look forward to learning from the forum members and along the way, I hope to be able to share my experiences, lessons learnt and best known methods.

-Dave

Ok, here is my 3 week old tank.... A little basic because I want to get the tank to cycle and stabilise before I start getting more adventurous.

This is what I have:
Tank: 84L - 60cm x 35cm x 40cm (L x W x H)
Substrate: ADA AquaSoil Amazonia - Normal 9L & Powder-M 2L
Plants: Amazon Sword, Bacopa Caroliana, Bacopa Monnieri, Crypto Wendtii, Eleocharis Parvula (Dwarf Hairgrass), Java Fern, Java Moss (tied to drift wood)
Filter: Eheim Classic 350
Chiller: Hailea HS-66A
CO2: 1.5 BPS (regulator with solenoid)
Light: Chihiros A601 (LED) - using lighting level 3 (able to set 8 different levels of light intensity)

Current water parameters:
pH = 6.4-6.6
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0.25-0.5 ppm
Nitrate: ~20 ppm
Water temperature: 25-26 C

Current water changes: 30-40%, once every 3 days

No livestock yet.

Progress has been ok. Though I am getting some BBA growing on some of the plants. Taking it one step at a time.

Comments, feedback and (preferably constructive) criticism are most welcome as I am on a learning journey.

Before planting
20160116-Before_Planting.JPG

After planting
20160121-After_Planting.JPG

After planting - Top view
20160121-After_Planting-Top.JPG

3 weeks later
20160209-After_3Weeks.JPG

Back