• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Norwich!

Chris_85

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Chris and I'm looking to get back into keeping a planted tank! I currently have a reef tank but I started out years ago running planted before I got into marines...but I now miss it!! So yeah, hi everyone and I look forward to chatting with you :)

Best take a trip to Scaped Nature 👍

Welcome to the forum. How long since you were in planted tanks?
Hi Kevin, oooh going on 16/17 years i would say. I had a juwel rio 300 dennerle set up c02,cable heaters etc!! Things have obviously moved on since then. Looking to start small to get a feel for it... (plus the reeftank eats my money)

Hi Kevin, oooh going on 18 years i would say. I had a juwel rio 300 dennerle set up c02,cable heaters etc!! Things have obviously moved on since then. Looking to start small to get a feel for it... (plus the reeftank eats my money)
I've avoided marine because of the cost. Normal aquariums can empty my bank easily enough. Its much easier now with new technology to grow planted especially with cheap led lights. Enjoy setting it all up. I find that the fun part. A scape only last a year and that's with 4 tanks in the cycle ha.

Yes I see people have much better results with plants now, one thing I could never do was get carpeting plants to do well thats one of my aims!

Lol snap! I`m in Norfolk too, just packed in marine after 12 years back to the green side :) We probably know each other through salty circles but it`s amazing how many people from Norfolk are in the hobby :)

Back