• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from the north west UK

Hudson

Hi All

I've been floating around here for a fair few months picking up tips, reading and learning (thanks to all) as much as i could. As i have been fishkeeping for over 20 years in one way shape or form. Tropical, Marine, Biotope and everything in between it was not such a steep learning curve. The biggest thing that i was a little concerned about was the dreaded algae in the first stages of a new planted tank.

As i don't have the means to invest in a EA 1200 or the equipment at the moment I decided i would use a old tropical tank that had been neglected for years and was just turning over would be used to cut my teeth, learn the algae stage and all it's problems then move on from there.

This was the most neglected tank i've ever owned, never done water changes and had xmas tree lights running it. !!!

So 6 months later and I've now well and truly got the bug and so has my 12 year old son.

Although Im no further forward on getting the EA1200, my son got a fluval flex 34L for xmas

I'm going to post over in the low tech forum about the flex 34L

Hudson

Welcome to UKAPS.
Really pleased you and your son are enjoying the hobby together.
Any tank can be turned into a beautiful aquascape and although a brand new high end tank and equipment are something to aspire to, the most important thing is to enjoy the hobby.
Good luck with the flex.
Cheerio
Ady.

Really pleased you and your son are enjoying the hobby together.
As am i ady as am i...

Very cool that someone enjoys this with their children, thats awesome as all get out :)

I hope you enjoy the forum!

Back