• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hi im new to the forum but reallllllly needs help

ranchu1989

Seedling
i had the tank for around 3 months now planted with HC cuba and about 2/3 weeks ago planted with some Pogostemon helferi

in the last week my HC growth rate has slowed right down and has now on the leaves started to get what i can describe as dark green roots sprouting from the leaves

stats:
amonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20ppm
temp 24.c

the light has recently moved closer to the tank if that meakes sense the light has a hang on clip ive stopped using that now as the tank didnt look as if all the plants were getting the light , its now resting on the tank

the tank holds 15L and i dose 0.3ml of easy carbo daily and 0.1ml of TPN+ every other day

rather stumped?

heres what the tank used to look like
9uvsrm.jpg

now it looks like this i know its not a clear picture but u should be able to see like dark green root like things
28a10cz.jpg

1z56hxz.jpg

well im 97% sure its not algae ive had algae like that before hair algae it
its actually like roots

but dark

im going to try at decent picture or it

do you think i should just strip it all the HC out ?

eeeeeek ive just gone up there to loook at it i think you mut have been right, ive looked close and ive seen a coupple of bits growing from the rock

what do i dooooo im scared should i start from scratch? :(

ranchu1989 said:
what do i dooooo im scared should i start from scratch? :(
Nope, I would up the dosing of the EasyCarbo and TPN+ and dose both daily rather than every other day.
Make sure there is some good flow too, in a tank this size that shouldn't be hard ;)

Try to remove as much as possible too. blanket weed can be a bit of a bugger :( Another test to see if it is this algae is to rub a little bit between your fingers. It tends to feel a little gritty.

ok thanks im going to have to take quite alot of it out again :( whilst pruning im guna get on that tommmow im soo sad

what dosing would you say i should be doing ?
because i used to do TPN daily and got really bad green algae so cut back on that and was ook

Back