• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hi, new to this forum. need help with my plant?

Aaron_89

Seedling
hi guys and gals, new to this forum.

I've recently took a couple of cuttings off this plant and over the past few days it's started going furry? (please see photo atrached)
1460209996690-1723901653.jpg
I'm hoping someone here could help me with what this is and what's best to do with the plant? I don't know if it's roots or what but it's growing from the top of the plant after taking a cutting? any help would be muchly appreciated! thanks, Aaron

hi there, thanks for your reply very helpful! u fortunately I don't have any of that excel or carbon to hand can I just cut the affected plants away to remove it or should I just remove the whole plant? is it due to to much light? I have my light on for 12 hours a day? and the tank isn't in any direct sunlight? thanks for your help!! Aaron

also I have some of this stuff will that do the same job at all? (please see pic). Thanks again for your help! really greatful
1460211890366-1317331174.jpg

ok sorry if I sound like a complete newb! :) do I just cut it straight or does it need to be cut on an angle? as where I've cut other bits off they seem to be just turning black and dieing instead of new growth? (see pic) also how many hours light would you recommend? thanks for all your help and advice! Aaron

1460213521206-2105473853.jpg

Hi Aaron. Don't be sorry asking Q is good that's how we all learnt on here from others mate ;)

The stem will seal its self at the cut its the next leaves down where the new growth will appear and start to grow. Hours of light It depends on your set up My tanks run on 5 -6 hours

oki doke! well I've cut it all away now looks healthier... no algea in there now. I'll cut the light down to 6 hours (so they will have a bit of natural light from Windows in room but not direct sunlight) then 6 hours of actual light and will see how that goes I guess? :) thanks for your help and prompt replies! much appreciated ill let you know how it goes :)

Aaron

Hi there! I too think it looks like stag horn algae, as I had my share of this bitch; good news is that if it turned greyish it's dead; in my case it appeared when I had too much light too soon after starting the aquarium

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Back