• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi newbie from Leicester

Loobeyloo

Seedling
Hi all,

Have joined the forum after a few weeks of researching on this forum and there's a hell of a lot of good info on here.

Well a little about me and my tank

Well I am 23 live in Leicester and have been keeping fish for over 3years now started of with a 100l tank, a few plants but was very low key setup.
When me and my partner moved house we come across a five foot tank and fell in love. So this tank has been setup from May this year it's approx 400l.

I have tetra substrate and coco peat, topped with sand. Some bogwood and rocks.

Quite a few of plants when I find my list of then will write them down.

I have 2x80w t5 light and a 36w t8
Lights on for 10 hours
T5s on from 13.00-2100
T8 on from 12.00-13.00, 16.00-18.00, 21.00-22.00 then lights off.
Filters I have an APS 1400lph and a rena xp4

Using ei salts ferts
And using double dose of easy carbo (I am waiting for my partners bother to get my a pub co2bottle then will have pressurised co2)

At this moment in time I am not really happy with the look of it. Got a bit of algae that I am battling with. I managed to get BBA under control. So hoping that when I get my co2 on the go all will be a lot better.

So looking forwards to gain a lot of knowledge from you knowledgeable people :)

e2e8ame8.jpg
edu3amy4.jpg

Many thanks

Welcome to ukaps Loobeyloo :thumbup:

Hi all thanks for the welcomes

Ah it's nice to a few locals are on here as well!

Well I live in Birstall so I tend to use Friends in soggy homes

Or if I can be bothered to drive then Leicester aquatics

But I order a lot of things online

What about yourselfs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi all thanks for the welcomes

Ah it's nice to a few locals are on here as well!

Well I live in Birstall so I tend to use Friends in soggy homes

Or if I can be bothered to drive then Leicester aquatics

But I order a lot of things online

What about yourselfs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes I use Friends in soggy homes quite a bit too, they are very old school but the fish are excellent!

I take it that's a different place to birstall garden centre? I live near Hinckley so don't know that end of Leicester to much.

Yes it is, its just around the corner though... Wanlip Lane, worth a visit mate :) I live in Barwell, so not that far from you.

Yeah it's really good in there very old school but lovely fish! Got some beautiful angels in there! Plants are better in the garden centre tho!

Back