• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hi! returning former scaper about to start first tank for 6 years. very excited :)

BubbleWizard

hello friends! i'm about to set up my first planted tank for a long time, and am keen to learn about the latest products, and talk to experienced folk to make sure i do a good job! tank is 5x2x2 which i plan to keep mostly rainbow shiners in, and will be (i hope) set up with relatively nice equipment. i'm still hunting for the right co2 set (maybe you can recommend me something), but everything else has already been purchased. plants wise i am a crypt enthusiast mainly, and i wanted to do a good chunk of vallis rubra in the back of the tank. any and all advice welcome. thanks

@Sid.scapes is your regulator still available for sale? Chris still doesn’t have access to the sale section so I thought I will tag you here.

It is, yes!

@[mention]BubbleWizard [/mention] happy to share the details if you like. I have pro-elite kit for sale. Happy to sell individual items as well if it works better.

But if you want to buy it directly from the retailer, consider CO2Art or Fzone. I’ve not used Fzone but from experience of friends’ it’s pretty much the same stuff, just cheaper.

Also, unless you’re planning to run multiple tanks, the standard pro-SE should be more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention]BubbleWizard [/mention] also, I’ve just received a bio co2 kit from dennerle last week. If you want to give it a go, it’s yours for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Geoff, i can certainly do a journal! i plan to take lots of photos and videos of the various stages :)
and Sid, I am only running one scape, so i dont necessarily think i need the pro elite version, but if it's better quality or anything, and suitable for my tank i am open to it. i plan to use a 5kg extinguisher as the bottle. I also have a JBL regulator and solenoid sat around. do any of you know if this is compatible with a fire extinguisher? thanks

Hi Geoff, i can certainly do a journal! i plan to take lots of photos and videos of the various stages :)
and Sid, I am only running one scape, so i dont necessarily think i need the pro elite version, but if it's better quality or anything, and suitable for my tank i am open to it. i plan to use a 5kg extinguisher as the bottle. I also have a JBL regulator and solenoid sat around. do any of you know if this is compatible with a fire extinguisher? thanks
I have used both, pro-elite and pro-SE. Apparently, Pro-Elite is supposed to be more stable when the canister is almost empty but TBH, I have not seen any difference in terms of performance or quality in the last two years. So personally, I'd prefer to save money and just get the pro-SE especially if you are buying from retailers.
If you are getting mine (not the used one, the brand new), the price doesn't matter as I am selling mine for £90 which is less than Pro-SE anyway.

journal thread has begun! thanks for taking an interest :)

Back