• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi tech-Low tech?

Put very simply the use of CO2 or bioavailable organic carbon = high-tech or high-energy
Low-tech or low-energy uses neither.

I'd also add to the co2 element, higher lighting and fertiliser regime; since harder plants have more exact needs, and require a balance of factors

I'd also add to the co2 element, higher lighting and fertiliser regime; since harder plants have more exact needs, and require a balance of factors

Except fo for me.. ;) and many other who have low light plants and still high tech by adding co2.. So it's a matter of choices, low light plants do not require so much co2 but still grow generaly faster in high tech. So more powerfull light and harder plants is not a typical high tech requirment. It only makes a broader range of plant choices.. And for what it's worth, my low tech also needs a fert regime and requires the same balance of factors.. A bit less? I'm not so sure about that, i think finding the right balance factor in low tech is way more difficult sometimes. It aint for nothing that many people convert their algae infested low tech tank into high tech because they can't figure it out without the darn co2 which is very often adviced as the remedy against algae.

The co2 tank might be the sports car among the aquariums, but the non co2 tank is definitely the diesel with a much more complicated touchy gearbox.. ;)

Except fo for me.. ;) and many other who have low light plants and still high tech by adding co2.. So it's a matter of choices, low light plants do not require so much co2 but still grow generaly faster in high tech. So more powerfull light and harder plants is not a typical high tech requirment. It only makes a broader range of plant choices.. And for what it's worth, my low tech also needs a fert regime and requires the same balance of factors.. A bit less? I'm not so sure about that, i think finding the right balance factor in low tech is way more difficult sometimes. It aint for nothing that many people convert their algae infested low tech tank into high tech because they can't figure it out without the darn co2 which is very often adviced as the remedy against algae.

The co2 tank might be the sports car among the aquariums, but the non co2 tank is definitely the diesel with a much more complicated touchy gearbox.. ;)

Interesting perspective :)

Back