Hi-tech Planted Nano...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by CJ Castle, 2 Dec 2007.

1. CJ Castle

CJ Castle Newly Registered

Hi,

This is one project I'm currently planning and will be planted within a couple of weeks (hopefully)...

The tank is a 30/30/30 Nano and will be lighted using two 24W PC T5s... I will be using powersand and Aquasoil at the back with a sand/pebble mixture at the front... I'll be using a HOB filter. I still haven't found pieces of wood suitable for my scape, but I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for soon...

I still haven't decides on fish choise (Got plenty of time to think about it, though...) and I'll fill you in on plant choise in a later update.

Anyway, here are the pics of the Rockscape that I've come up with so far and basic Hardscape/Plant Plan...

HardscapeNano3004.jpg

HardscapeNano3005.jpg

Nanobasichardscapepaintideawithplan.jpg

2. beeky

beeky Member

I like it, although because the rocks don't seem that high they may get swamped. Although this of course depends on the plants you choose.

Where's the aquasoil? Is it buried?

3. CJ Castle

Hi,

I haven't added the aquasoil, yet... foreground and midground plants will be low and (hopefully) shouldn't bury the rocks...

4. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I suspect anything other than HC or Glosso will swamp the smaller rocks. I have lost all but the largest of the rocks in my Iwagumi to Eleocharis `parvula`.

HC would look pretty good around the foreground, I reckon.

Dave.

5. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Hiya, i like your principal and i think HC will work great.
    Can i just say that i think the rock at the rear on the left looks a little unnatural, it's quite sharp in comparisson to the rest. Just my thoughts.

6. CJ Castle

Hi,

I've put this tank on hold for a while... I'm currently working on a 10G Hi-tech Planted tank (which I'll start a Journal on, soon...) and a 100 Litre Rio Negro Biotope.

Cheers,