• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HI to all UKAPS members from Australia

Katherine Bain

Seedling
Hi all, Just joining in from Australia. I run two basic community aquariums - one is a simple planted tank, the other an attempt to have nice plants in a predominantly South American cichlid tank ( not so successful!). My main problem is algae. I am very lucky and source my water directly from our own spring - which produces beautiful soft, slightly acidic water - but on the negative side has heaps of algae in it - which thrives in the aquariums - it is a constant and usually losing battle. It must resemble water from the Amazon as all usual fish species from that area thrive in these tanks.

Look forward to having some great fish discussions - a nice break from the usual sheep discussions here on the farm!

cheers

Welcome to Ukaps. Water doesn't cause algae. You can learn that here.Start reading the tutorial section and learn all about it.
Show us pics of your tanks and some water values and we can see what we think is going on.;).

Welcome! This is just the place to help you with algea issues. I am a newbie to the forum as well but, after reading tutorails, I know it is the imbalance of light, co2 and ferts that often causes problems: too much light, not enough CO2, not enough nutrients, etc. At least I know the theory... I don't yet have a tank so you are better off reading the tutorials than my posts o_O

Back