• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi UKAPS members!

thenettiger

Hi everyone, just a quick introduction, I'm fairly new to the hobby, I've done 5 planted tanks so far, going to do my 6th soon, to be honest I joined because I tried my hand at a terrarium and I have so many questions!!! So I'm hoping I'll be able to find the answers I seek here. Looking forward to interacting with the community! Meanwhile I'm leaving a picture of my very first planted tank, I started it in April last year and it went to a huge transformation from the first pic I ever took of it after filling ^^ Many mistakes were made, lots of algae was fought off, and here we are today ^^ it now hosts my very first fish, a betta, along with a huge colony of red cherry shrimp, some amanos and chilli rasboras :)

Attachments

• 20220127_183946.jpg
    20220127_183946.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 107
Hello! New to the hobby and already 5 tanks? Respect
So it's been like 8 months but I still consider myself a newbie as I can tell seasoned aquascapers are on a whole other level.. they look at a pic and tell you how many things you are doing wrong lol.. so yeah I have 5 tanks and a 6th in the closet waiting to be scaped once I receive my shelf 🤣

Hi! Welcome! Sounds like you've had an eventful beginning to aquascaping!
Thank you Rozza! Yes it's been hectic. I kind of obsess and lose control when I get into something, hence the 5 tanks.. but each and every tank has gotten me so much knowledge. I got hair algae, staghorn, diatoms brown and green, BBA, green spot algae and some others I may have missed. I killed plants, had to do trims at the base and restart, killed many epiphytes, stated over with a single rhizome or baby plants, I've had luck with fish but found a few jumpers on the floor so now I keep a tight lid on some tanks, started breeding cherry shrimp, and have now started keeping caridina shadow pandas... it's been real to say the least lol ... but oh my word so, much, FUN!

Back