• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hidden Caves

johnny70

Filter: Eheim Ecco 2232

Lighting: 2 x Arcadia Arcpods 11w each

Heater: Internal heater 50w

C02: Easycarbo

Substrate: Tetraplant Compete topped with Silver Sand

Ferts: 20ml macro every other day, 20ml micro every other day (home made mix :wideyed: )

Hardscape: Mini landscape rocks Mindori(sp) wood

Plants: Java Fern, Java Fern(narrow), Anubias barteri var. nana, Cryptocoryne beckettii ''petchii'', Cryptocoryne wendtii ''brown'', plus a few unkown crypts,

Fish: Apistogramma. Panduro and Centromochlus perugiae

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

Still need to sort out a new lid, excuse the plastic one :oops: Hardest part was making the tank look OK while keeping it good for the fish, I have 5 caves hidden in there so hopefully both lots of fish will be happy enough to have some babies 8)

JOHNNY

Loving the aspisto's I wish I could find some nice ones for my 60cm.

talpi catfish, they're really difficult to keep according to PFK.
Edited because it's blatently the wrong name.
Centromochlus perugaie is the right one. I tihnk, :lol:

Thanks for the coments

the tank is around 55ltr :)

The small fish are indeed Centromochlus perugaie also know as Tatia perugiae, Tatia reticularis. common names oil cats, Honeycomb Tatia, Oil woodcatfish, beautiful nocturnal fish, mad as hell, not hard to keep and relatively easy to spawn, (cave spawners) not cheap though £10 a fish :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: only ever seen them in Wharf Aquatic in Pinxton where I bought this group from. very easy to sex, just like livebearers.

@Garuf, patience is the key for getting good ones(apistos), I have been looking for ages to add to my collection, didn't see any really good one for over a year the suddenly the A. panduro appear and at the same time some A. Hongsloi turned up too, happy days :D :D :D :D :D

JOHNNY

Looking good there. Just wondering which fish that you have spawn/lay eggs in caves?

That wood is a gorgeous colour under pink lights. The dark Greens look ace too.

AC

Again thanks for the kind comments, I know its really not on a pare with a lot of the scapes here, but I like to try :D :D

Both the oil cats and apisto's will use the caves to spawn, they both like small caves (hence why I have so many)with a narrow entrance, apsitos will show good brood care once fry are free swimming, the cats will not, they just spawn n go as it were :D :D

JOHNNY

Those aspistos are giving me green skin. Where did you find them? Also, Trimar has some at £13 a pair, would any be suitable for a 60cm?

I got this pair from Wharf Aquatics in Pinxton, they had some lovely ones in, I picked the best pair :D

Most Apsitogramma's would be fine in a 60cm tank. I think this tank is 55cm or maybe a little less, around 2 square feet per pair is normal

JOHNNY

Are they different specie? Or just different colour morphs?

The nano plants that company do really should be available here, so many and all so cool!

they ship to the UK and reply to emails in English, I'm awaiting a list as we speak

JOHNNY

Back