• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

high pH and KH: what is it effects of CO2 injection?

jarthel

I searching the net on the use of dolomite addition on substrate. I kinda like the idea of dolomite because most trace mix doesn't have calcium in it.

anyway, I was reading the wikipedia entry for dolomite and a local product description and it seems adding dolomite would increase pH, GH and KH? (not sure on KH but since dolomite is called carbonate rock in wikipedia I thought it could raise KH as well).

I was reading the CO2, pH and PH chart in the thekrib but I wasn't sure that higher pH and KH means for CO2 injection.

please correct me if my understanding is wrong. :) this could mean I need to inject more CO2 to bring the pH to 7?

thank you very much :)

It will if you do not do water changes, if you do say 25% 2x a month, you are going to be fine, more will make it even less an issue.

Unlike limestone, adding acetic acid, vinegar etc, does not foam up, break down the carbonates.
It's less soluble than marine sands etc.

It will dissolve, but the rate is the key, it's pretty slow.
I've never had issues with it over the last 3 decades.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back