• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

High Quality CO2 Reactor?

Nick72

I moved from an in tank diffuser to the C02 Art inline that pipes through your canister output.

It's definitely an improvement in terms of mist control, by why isn't there a company making a high quality external Co2 reactor?

I know there is the Sera 1000, but the reviews all say it's poorly manufactured.

Doesn't seem to be much else out there.

why isn't there a company making a high quality external Co2 reactor?

How many would they sell a year ? and how much would you pay for one ? So very small niche market and folk with short arms and deep pockets IMO

So no company isnt prepared to invest R&D into something there is little/no money in ;)

I feel the same about canister filters. I need small but powerful!
As @Zeus. said: Not a big market...

I use a large media reactor as CO2 reactor:

20200422-171406.jpg

Drilled a hole in the top and glued in a 'nipple' for the CO2 and reversed the flow.

Hi @Nick72

Have you considered this...

https://aquamedicdirect.co.uk/product/water-quality/water-quality-co2-ozone/co2-reactor-1000/

I don't own one of these as I don't have a big enough tank!

JPC

Thanks JPC that's exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for.

It's a bit pricey at 70 Quid - I'd of been happier at 50. Particularly as I've seen a couple of reviews and seems it works best if you remove the bio balls.

Still I might well get one of these.

I feel the same about canister filters. I need small but powerful!
As @Zeus. said: Not a big market...

I use a large media reactor as CO2 reactor:

20200422-171406.jpg

Drilled a hole in the top and glued in a 'nipple' for the CO2 and reversed the flow.

Nice idea, and good execution.

I did a quick check and seems those media reactors start at around 45 pounds. I'm guessing you had one laying around, but for me I'm not sure the saving is worth the hassle of the modification.

Mine arrived today

View attachment 149372

I was hoping the CO2 intake would draw the CO2 in via a venturi, but it doesn't :arghh: failed the jug of water test, but they never claim it did, weighing up options of how best to fit the reactor inside my APS EF2 ;)
What’s the jug of water test? Let us k ow how you get on with it, as it looks interesting. I’m fed up of the micro bubbles in my tank.

Back