• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

High tec to low

Antony

Seedling
Hi all my tank has been running for some time now with good success. we are in the process of moving house and will have to move the tank to temporary accommodation until after the move is completed then move it again to our new home.
Would it be advisable to go from high tec to low before the move, then back to high once the tank is in its permanent location, just wondered if this would minimise the stress on the tank and me.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, also how to do the changes safely.

You could do. There are two schools of thought about how to go from high to low energy. You can go cold turkey or gradually wean the plants off CO2 over 2-4 weeks.
But either way the level of success really depends on the plant species and how well they'll do low-energy. If you have plants that require a high CO2 conc they'll likely struggle and melt anyway.
A halfway house might be to dose LC, that may cushion the transition, and help prevent any resulting algae outbreaks.

Most of the plants are low to medium light but I’m expecting to lose some.
I will try the addition of LC to help, I’m also assuming that I need to reduce or even stop the E.i dose, and possibly reduce the light level.

Back