Hinterfeld Smart Controller add sunrise & sunset to your LED light

Discussion in 'Hinterfeld' started by Hinterfeld.com, 14 May 2018.

1. Hinterfeld.com

Hinterfeld.com Sponsor Staff Member

Want a budget LED with sun rise and sun set function? Now you can buy our smart controller and convert your normal LED (must with constant voltage transformer) into a programmable LED light. And you can have sun rise & sun set straight away just like magic. This controller works with all our Chihiros LED and other LED in our store under 36V and 100W.

Caution: If you are not using this device with LED from our store, You must make sure your LED is running with a constant voltage AC/DC adapter before purchase. Please consult your supplier whether your LED is constant voltage.

Feature

• 8 programs, set 8 different light intensity at 8 different time during the day.
    • 0-100% adjustment on each setting.
    • Built-in clock - you can set intensity change at your preferred time.
    • Power disconnected memory - your setting will remain in the device even power disconnected, and it will resume the setting once you connect the power again.
    • Easy to use, simply take the controller out from box, and connect it between the LED light and the AC/DC adapter.
    • Difference between S2 and S2-Pro is the way the change intensity (Please refer to our last photo. S2: Change intensity in Steps. S2-Pro: Change intensity linear over time and imitate real sunrise and sunset in reality)
    • Connector: DC5.5 (you need to make sure your fitting is using this connector).
    Area of use

• Plant tank and fish tank - Simulate sunrise and sunset for the day, less algae problem with longer lighting period.
    • Arowana (Dragon Fish) Tank - Can leave 1-3% moon light through the night, less stress on fish and less chance of hitting itself onto tank glass.
    • Cooling fan - can act as time and adjust fan power according to temperature change during the day (in general temperature is highest during ~12-4pm, and temperature is lower in the evening)
    • DC water pump - can control DC circulating pump to simulate different current during the day in nature

Instruction

ON/OFF

• Short press to turn on and off
    • Long press to go into clock setting, use +/- to adjust hour and mins, then press Menu to exit
    MIN/L+ - Increase intensity %

HOUR/L- - Decrease intensity %

MODE

• Short press to change mode, Long press goes into program setting
    • NO-1 & Time flash, use +/- to adjust 1st program, then press M
    • L000 flash, use +/- to adjust intensity for 1st program, then press M to next
    • NO-2 & Time flash, then repeat the process to complete all 8 programs
    • Caution: If display shown "--:--" mean the setting do not recognise.
    Display

• L00*/Time rotate - it is working at particular setting
    • AUTO/Time rotate - it is running the programs automatically, device default is AUTO, it goes in to AUTO mode once you connect to power.

Front Label.jpg
    A09283-1的副本.jpg A09283-2.jpg A09283-3.jpg A09283-4.jpg A09283-5.jpg A09283-6.jpg A09283-7.jpg

2. Hinterfeld.com

S2 - change intensity in steps

S2 Pro - change intensity in linear, so it really simulate the sunrise and sunset perfectly.

[​IMG]

foxfish likes this.
  3. PBM3000

PBM3000 Member

Go on then... how much? :)

Aqua360 likes this.
  4. Hinterfeld.com

5. mantozhke

mantozhke Member

Anyone already has this on their Chihiros Aqausky LEDs? ;)
    Any feedback on this gadget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Hinterfeld.com

I think one week later, someone will have it already. ^o^

Also you need to be cautious with aquasky series. There is certain lots of aquasky are constant current power supply, which mean those are not able to use the controller.

7. mantozhke

mantozhke Member

Mine are from 220v through some big black box/converter to 12v I assume.

8. Hinterfeld.com

There are certain manufacturing lot of chihiros aquasky cannnot use the dimmer. Those cannot use the smart controller as well. But the later production of Aquasky was able to use the dimmer, those are able to use the smart controller.

9. mantozhke

mantozhke Member

My Chihiros Aqausky have a simple dimmer that allows to change W/intensity of light with steps. Does this mean this will work? :)

10. kris

kris Newly Registered

Would this work with TMC aquaray strips??

Many thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

11. willsy

willsy Member

Does this work with the Twinstar 900s?

Thanks

Will.

12. Looneeyy

Looneeyy Member

I’m wanting to know this also!

13. Andrew Butler

Andrew Butler Member

Looneeyy likes this.
  14. Chris jowett

Chris jowett Newly Registered

Dnt know if anyone bought one of these, I did recently and it doesn't work, never runs the programs

15. SDIESEL77

SDIESEL77 Member

I have one with a Twinstar 900S and works really well.
    Here is my setup:
    2pm: 0%
    2.30pm: 100%
    10pm: 100%
    10.30pm: 0%

BarryH and Siege like this.
  16. Ady34

Ady34 Global Moderator Staff Member

I’ve just set mine up and has ran perfectly the first time. I have only had one cycle out of it but I’m sure all will be well. I ordered the s2pro version, which did you get and what is the issue your having exactly?

Here is a brief breakdown of the programming, it maybe something else your having issue with but thought it worth adding this just incase it is something obvious:

Press and hold ‘mode’ button until you get the 1st program setting flashing up, then you can start programming.
    Your first timer setting should be the time you want it to come on but at a 0% intensity, the second timer program is what intensity you would like it to reach by a particular time, for example timer program 1 say 9.00am at 0% then timer 2 at 9.30am at 50%. That will offer a sunrise from 9.00am to 9.30am up to 50% light intensity. The next input of 3 could be when you want your photoperiod to run to and then begin ramping down from, say at 5.00pm. So program 3 would be 5.00pm at 50% again, then program 4 at 5.30pm at 0% intensity. This would offer a sunset period from 5.00pm at a maximum 50% to zero at 5.30pm when lights would be totally off. The rest of the programmes to 8 are just left unused.

Cheerio
    Ady.

Marek Swan and Michael Thomas like this.
  17. Michael Thomas

Michael Thomas Newly Registered

This solved the issue I was having with the dimmer being on constantly through the night, had my first setting at 5 intensity so effectively it was a very slow sunrise from 10pm to 2pm the next day!

Feel bad that the seller refunded me but I guess the instructions should be clear to leave setting 1 at 0 intensity.

Ady34 likes this.
  18. Vincent

Vincent Newly Registered

It seems the site of hinterfeld no longer works. I see the s2 pro still available on ebay, but not from the brand hinterfeld. Something of a Chinese brand I think. Is this one the same? Which do you guys use for the twinstar?

19. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Global Moderator Staff Member

I think Hinterfeld are a Chinese import company, so likely it'll be the same. Get the S2 Pro it allows you to steadily ramp up and down for sunrise/sunset and for a mid afternoon burst in higher intensity if you want.

Ady34 likes this.
  20. Aqua360

Aqua360 Member

Yeah what happened to hinterfeld?

I wanted to get a chihiros light from them, but have gotten from eBay instead