• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hmm what to do ???

James_Kye

Well i dont know about anyone else but today is classed as a day of hell for me....

made an order with a shop that is fairly local to me but unable to travel to them , and seeing that one other member here has used them and things seemed fairly good , and comments pretty good on there ebay shop i went ahead and made order,
for 25 emperor tetra and 10 cory...
finally made payment after paypal probs and made phone call to shop to be told the order is being bagged as we speak as it happens and will be you friday GREAT i thought ........

well wasted an entire day waiting in as no order ever arrived and no delivery vans turning into the street what so ever.
not knowing who they use to deliver there stock i contacted APC as this is the only company whom i know actually pride them selves in delivering live stock,,, and getting told "" we can not help you unless you provide us with a customer ref number ,, and if we do have a live stock order for your self it will not arrive until monday now unless you paid the seller Saturday delivery "" .

i have searched the companies 3 names and not one site gives details as to if there open weekends , just there ebay site states do not email at weekends as admin dose not work weekends.

i sent you a pm rather than name in the main section where it may have cause issues for myself and the forum lol.
but as i said in the pm mate and i will now say for everyone else there feed back over all was 98.7% or something like that and 20 negatives within the past 12 months.

and i wish i could remember who it was who bought the rummy nose tetra on here ( sorry i dont mean to be rude , still trying to remember everyone here lol ) said they were fairly happy with the service and some arrived dead so was given more free.

so maybe i was stupid to think things were fine ,,, but i was assured by the company my order was infact being bagged / caught as we speak and are being packed for Friday delivery.
i was talking to a mate who reckons because of the price emperor tetra normally go for locally maybe the delivery guy had a peak at what was in box and done runner with them lol, as in some places they charge £5 per emperor and i had bought a healthy sized shoal of them from this company ( not at £5 each lol )

thanks to tdi sending me a link via pm to an other thread about this ,
some how i missed it wile looking through the old posts while trying to catch up with everyone lol.

Well the shop in question is BOSS aquariums also under trade name Trade aquatics and has a 3rd trade name to which i can not remember just now.
i just got off the phone to them , to which the 2 members of staff who are working today cant remember talking to me so it was possibly the manager him self and if he said its being bagged and being delivered for friday then this is whats happening .... i told them nothing arrived and i had to lose out on £120 days wage for them wasting my time. all that was said was i am sorry about that,
all i can say is send via email the details and if the manager happens to come intoday he will get it seen to , if not then nothing will be done until monday now.
so on that i assured them that THEY BETTER make sure it is sorted on Monday to my full satisfaction as if not then the matter will go further.
as it seems they use royal mail to deliver fish , and royal mail are not legally allowed to transport live stock of any kind other than fit for animal feed , like locusts , crickets , meal worms , cockroaches etc etc for reptiles. and that is taken from the local royal mail office. so i can see things getting pretty messy if there not going to solve things.

If nothing is done on Monday take it up with Paypal, just say that you paid for goods that never arrived, they obliged to resolve the matter for you, reason I insist on using paypal all the time. Had a problem once and raised it with Paypal and got a refund pretty quickly.

paypal is rubbish mate or has been for my self and others.
a few old mates from a marine forum are still waiting for paypal to re pay them money they were conned out off and that was summer last year, i am still waiting on paypal refunding me money from an account i registered fully to get all spending limits lifted and finding out paypal had made a second attempt at removing £5.90 from my account for the activation ( they had already taken 1 total of £5.90 from my account ) ... this was proved by the bank providing information.
spent half a day on the phone to paypal to people that could hardly speak a word of english and getting no where.
only just set up a new paypal account just before this year as sadly thats how almost everyone deals through now :(

this is to be resolved on Monday and fish arrive Tuesday ,,, we shall see.

Sorry to hear of the woes, must admit I'm surprised at Friday delivery. Being in the North of Scotland, I've had to get a few things delivered and the always send out Mon or Tue at the latest so that a delivery if delayed can still come through the next day.

It took 3 days for some shrimp I ordered to get to me ( I was sure they'd be dead) and whilst not all survived after being acclimitised most did and gave me young. But because they were sent out Monday, it gave the delivery guys time to get them to me before the weekend.

So I'd say fault lies squarely with the supplier. :mad:

I've had a problem with this supplier - I bought an aquarium with pine cabinet and hood to match - cost a pretty penny but I wanted something really nice. So, it arrives 2 months later, with doors which don't line up, a lip on the hood which dosen't line up squarely and a tank with masses of silicone everywhere and sides which don't line up, which means that I can't fill it for fear of it splitting. I'm now taking it to small claims court because they've ignored me for the last 5 months and trading standards and consumer direct for the last 4 months.

amy4342 i have heard of the faults with the company and there tanks , but at the time i had not realised it was all the same company ( which have 3 trading names ).... someone on a marine forum had a massive tank built buy these people to find it exploded on the front glass /and cracked along the back.. the front bit resulted in there leather sofa being slashed opened , the guy has 3 kids so thankfully none were on the sofa at the time.

altaaffe i am in kinross so companies send out for Friday arrival all the time but anywhere north of kinross is held off until monday, at least this has been my experience so far in all the time i have bought live stock / non live stock.

well after having emails back and forth all of saturday into the early hours things seemed to be on an even keel UNTIL this evening when getting an im from ebay from the seller ( the following is directly pasted from the msg )

""James, unfortunately just getting this message now, Monday evening. If you wish I could send them |Friday by special delivery, at my extra cost, to arrive Saturday morning. IN the circumstances this would save the order and may help keep you as a customer. Let me know.""

so there willing to send through royal mail which is wrong according to my royal mail office , but this is also over a week late ( if you go by there original date of friday last week lol ) .
so tomorrow morning upon getting back from the dr i will be calling them and making sure they refund money in full by end of business that day regardless of how busy they are, as thats simply taking the mick.
amy4342 i hope you win hun , all the best.

Back