• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Home Printing

John Starkey

Hi All,since i have been into photography i have used an online company called DSCL for my printing,mostly i have been pleased with there results but not always,i have been considering doing my own printing up to A3 size,i calibrate my laptop using spider elite 3,so i do get a little annoyed when some pics dont come back as they looked on the screen,

So my main questions are who prints at home ?,up to what size ?,what printer are you using ?,are you pleased with your results,and what sort of cost does it work out too,DSCL is very inexpensive,

regards,
john.

John, if your budget can stretch to it, I'd seriously recommend an epson r2400. I've had one for about 3 years now. simply put, the prints are stunning. upto A3+

Black and white images are also stunning...and are actually black and white ;)

it uses the ultrachrome k3 ink cartridges...with 3 blacks.

you'll get one cheap ish, now that their getting on a bit.

Thanks mark,i will take a look at that one,
regards,
john.

Tonser said:
Hi John

I'd completely agree with Mark too - the R2400 is a cracking little printer, and gets very good results out of the box (even better if you profile the printer too, but thats for further down the line ;) )

Tony

Thanks Tony,i have just googled it and its still a very high price :wideyed: ,
regards,
john.

John, I was on the verge of buying the Canon Pixma Pro 9500 II, or the Epson R2880 (Epson appear to be the choice for B+W) before I decided that I couldn`t justify the cost.

Make no mistake John, the running costs of the printers mentioned in this thread will be high, especially if you buy top quality paper too.

If your budget restricts you to A4, take a look at the Epson R800.

Dave.

Thank you Dave,i was think about the ink cost too,for the amount of prints i will be doing maybe i should be looking at A4,

cheers guys,john.

Back