• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hose attachment for re-filling

EA James

Hi all,

I'm currently using my old FX4 intake basket on the end of a hose pipe to re-fill my tank. I'm looking for something to replace this that will allow a good flow back into the tank but without disturbing the tank too much, the intake basket does work but the water gushes out too quickly for my liking.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to get or i don't mind knocking something up if there's a homemade option?

Cheers, James

I think that piece of thin cloth wrapped around the hose (forming some kind of bag at the end of the hose) and secured with rubber band could do the trick. Or very coarse piece of filter foam. Another option could be letting the water to go through a colander, strainer etc.

tank filling.jpg
tank filling.jpg

Thanks @Witcher and @jacquieb

I used to use a colander but it seemed a bit awkward, i wanted to find one with a 90 degree handle like a jug to hang on the tank but could't find one anywhere!

I might try wrapping a cloth round the intake basket, thats a good idea. I'll use one of the babies muslin's!

Cheers

Back