• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hose Converter and atomizer

Andreasell

Seedling
Hey guys, I accidentally bought the wrong size of my UP Atomizer (12/16mm instead of 16/22mm) and I was wondering whether I can use a hose converter (eheim makes some and calls them reducing bashes) and connect the two ends of the atomizer with 12/16mm hose and then run the converter to the 16/22mm hose.

I am using an EHEIM Professionel 3 canister filter and my main worry is whether the difference in water flow due to the hose sizing will damage the atomizer or prevent it from working.

You really need to use the correct sized atomiser for your filter pipes.

12 mm pipe area is about 1/2 the area of 16mm area, thus flow will be severely affected. Most filters/pumps are not happy with flow being reduced.

Hi
is it one of the new ones,the type that you can take apart ?
If so,I think you can get these, which will convert.
You may want to check with co2 Art,just to make sure.

My inline is 16/22, as is my pump. But after the atomiser it reduces to 12/16 all the way up to the tank.

I have no flow problems, the pump (with 1.5m head) does fine.... in fact, the pressure is increased and gives me a stronger jet of water than I would get from 16/22 outlet. I still get 800LPH out of my 1200LPH Eheim in sump with that setup.

Hey guys, thanks for the input! I just ordered the replacement caps of the atomizer since they are replaceable.

Since it will take two weeks for the atomizer parts to arrive, is it okay to start my fish tank cycle with plants (Silent cycle) and substrate (ADA Aquasoil) and one of the 2 LED strips I have (EHEIM LED STRIPS) and then week 1, I add the second light strip and start dosing fertilisers with half the dose that it's recommended (EI dosing) and when the atomizer arrives, I will add the CO2 and start dosing full dosage?

Second option is to start everything from the beginning (2 LED strips, full EI dosage) and dose with some Flourish Excel that I have as leftover from other tanks until I add the pressurised CO2.

Which way to go would you guys recommend?

Thanks again for the help :)

You can start cycling a tank with plants, but keep lights low as you have no carbon source. If lights are too high you will kill your plants. Just take is low light and nice and slow and all will be algae free and fine.

Okay guys thanks for the feedback :) I'm just gonna start with 1 light strip and excel and then week 1, I'll start dosing half the recommended dose of fertilisers and when the co2 arrives, I'll turn on the second light strip and start using the recommended dose of fertilisers :) How about this as a plan?

Back