• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hot weather

Paulus

it is summer :D . temperature over here is 37C at the moment 8) but the water inside the tanks is only 26 :) don't know how but i guess it is because of the type aquarium: open top tank :) before i had a juwel rio180 and in the summer i need to use some computer fans to cool down the water. but now with this tank i don't need fans :)

how is the weather over there and the water temp of you aquarium?

It's about 28 where I am and quite nice too! My tank is holding up nicely, currently at 27oC 1 degree higher than normal.

Noticed that my shrimp tank (60l) was running at 32-33ºC on Monday, so had to bring the fans out, now the temp is between 24-25ºC, which is perfect as I just received some CRS yesterday. I just received my temperature controller so will be hooking that up tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it any longer ;)

oooo where did you get your temp comtroller? im keen to have a look myself.

on larger tanks you get less of a swing obviously so my 4x2x2 has got to 25.9 once. normally its around the 25 mark.

my 750l is up to 28c ive unplugged the heater in the hope it will drop in the night but it just holds the temp ive got 2 small fans pulling air away from inside the lid and ive tried ice but nothing really works cant afford a chiller so don't know what to do

Nick16 said:
oooo where did you get your temp comtroller? im keen to have a look myself.

on larger tanks you get less of a swing obviously so my 4x2x2 has got to 25.9 once. normally its around the 25 mark.

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12071

there are also larger fans for larger tanks.

Back