• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hotmail email

JamesC

Microsoft seem to have gone overboard on their Hotmail accounts. I'm unable to send email to any Hotmail accounts which is a right royal pain. Anyone else here getting the same problem? Did a Google and found a large number of other people having exactly the same problem.

James

The problem is Hotmail block whole swathes of people because of their email servers IP address. If you just so happen to use the same email server as someone who is a bit dodgy then your emails get blocked as well. I can't send emails from either my home account or my work account to any hotmail accounts. It's Hotmail users who will loose out as it's them who will not get certain emails.

I know the internet has got spam problems but blocking legitimate users as well is the wrong way to go about things.

James

Most people will leave hotmail soon. The new 'improved' livemail which downloads without asking via automatic update (was beta) won't work properly on several browsers in the 'live' form and they have removed the 'hotmail classic' option so you can't even use the old form anymore.

The new version also is loaded with adverts. One of which takes up the top third of the window. There are thousands of complaints about the new version and lack of option to use classic still.

With me using Chrome I can open my hotmail but if I try to do a message I can't select the type area and therefore have to go in via Internet Explorer to use it. I have therefore reverted to my ntlworld addy in Outlook Express instead.

I guess the problems you are having James are probably linked to their 'update'.

AC

AC

SuperColey1 said:
I guess the problems you are having James are probably linked to their 'update'.
And many, many others.

Never used Hotmail as it was always a spammers heaven and many places blocked their emails.

What I found amusing many years ago when Hotmail first appeared is that they used linux servers and sendmail. This was at the same time that Microsoft had an advertising campaign out comparing windows servers with linux servers and how much better windows servers were.

James

I haven't changed all my sites e-mail addresses. However I have put a vacation notice in my hotmail, sorry....livemail account notifying people of my ntlworld address. Does mean I'll have to log in occasionally to keep the account open and to change any 'vital' sites info that I have forgotten.

AC

Back