• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how do I know if a plant requires "root tabs"?

jarthel

It seems some people place root tabs under some plants. How do I identify plants that requires such?

thank you :)

No plants "require" root tabs. Personally, I have never seen the point of them. Either buy a nutrient rich substrate, dose the water column, or do both. Root tabs strike me as an unnecessary hassle, but I have never used them, so maybe others can enlighten you further about them.

Dave.

"No plants "require" root tabs. Personally, I have never seen the point of them"

Dave is this correct for carpet plants? for example e.parvula or h.callitrichoides needs root tabs after 4-6months of setup or it is not matter?
thank you

I have to disagree here. MY Echinodorus and Crypts have improved a lot since popping a tab underneath.

jym said:
I have to disagree here. MY Echinodorus and Crypts have improved a lot since popping a tab underneath.

The ideal situation is a nutrient rich substrate plus water column nutrients, but Crypts can be grown in sand. The tabs may help, but they are not required.

Dave.

Back