• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you deal with dosing whilst away

Raws69

new to hobby and currently using tnc complete and dosing daily. However due to go away for 10 days, understand the fish will be ok, but what about the plants.

tank is 180l heavily planted and I’m using co2. Should I just switch off the lights and co2 whilst away, or keep these on the usual schedule and do a weeks+ dosage in one go?

cheers

For ten days I would dose weeks worth all at once making sure filters had been recently cleaned and you should be fine IMO.

Should I just switch off the lights and co2 whilst away,

Tried that and came back and many plants had elongated stems

When I go away, I personally keep the lights and co2 on as normal as the plants still need photosynthesis. I also dose as normal up to the day I go away and then restart when I get back. Last time I did this plants were fine although the negative was some algae on glass. Things went back to normal quickly and I guess 10 days isn't long

new to hobby and currently using tnc complete and dosing daily. However due to go away for 10 days, understand the fish will be ok, but what about the plants.

tank is 180l heavily planted and I’m using co2. Should I just switch off the lights and co2 whilst away, or keep these on the usual schedule and do a weeks+ dosage in one go?

cheers
Or you could get yourself an auto doser.

Heard horror stories about these, or was that auto feeders 🤔.

Back