• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how do you inject CO2?

How do you inject CO2?

• 24/7

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • set to be on/ off before lights

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • controlled via pH controller

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • all 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
24/7 for me.

24/7 DIY... though if I had pressurised I'd be using a solenoid and timer combo. Currently have to have bubbles on overnight and boy are they annoying!

I tried the solenoid route once, was to much hassle and to my mind just another thing that could go wrong. Keep is simple is my motto. The fish dont seem to mind the 24/7 CO2 and as we all know co2 stability is critical. If the solenoid broke and didn't come on when it was supposed too, that could spell algae farm. Why take the risk.

Just my thoughts :)

Sam

My lights are on a 12 hour photoperiod and the CO2 is timed about an hour earlier than lights on and again at lights off.

I use a homemade internal reactor. No solenoid as yet though.. I turn the powerhead on the reactor off and that effectively stops the CO2.

I do have a solenoid and will put that into operation when i finish building my inline external reactor (am almost there...)

You put both for 3 options. lol

I currently do the 2 before on and 2 before off but have done the 24/7 previously too. Never have and never will use a Ph controller.

Andy

aaronnorth said:
i'll change it :lol:
I didn't think you could change a poll after people had started voting... could cause all sorts of... :? interesting effects :twisted:

I was using set to be on/off before lights option for some time and now I am using pH controler as I have soft tap water (2dKH) and pH swings has been quite significant. Now I have got stable pH 6.5 all the time and less wastage on CO2. I bought cheap pH controler from Indonesia (about 60£ delivered) and it works very well.

Back