• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you remember to dose your tanks?

ale36

i'm having trouble remembering to dose my tanks daily once i forget one day then it carries on and i forget to dose for the rest of the week, i'm sure my brain is functioning petty well as i haven't forgotten how to breathe, walk, talk etc.
So what do you guys do to remember dosing your tanks?

Hi
Best if you dose Macros....Monday/ Wednesday /Friday.
Trace.......Tuesday/Thursday....T for Trace.
Get a couple of pumps squirt your fertilizer in in the morning when you get up.
If you have fish you could dose when feeding them.
hoggie

I just follow a routine and after water change.

If you really want, you may want to get those auto dosing pump.

i think dosing pumps might be the ultimate solution, as i'm away from home most the day. or maybe have Darren Brown to program my brain so it triggers and reminds me!

These work out pretty cheap, wish I had seen these before I purchased my parts to make one!

Marine Magic aquarium dosing pump - MM01-R | eBay

I am thinking about this one now:

Marine Magic aquarium dosing pump - Triple | eBay

3 pumps is very flexible for Micro, Macro and Liquid Carbon! Or 3 tanks!

DSCF3763.JPG

Or one of these:

Accurate MC-03-M Dosing Peristaltic Metering Pump Triple for Aquarium Lab Reef | eBay

Like the screen being at the front a little better!

How do you set these up? Would it be that it puts in 1ml per rotation?
If it were 25ml, you'd program it to rotate 25 times? or is it timed based?
Apologies if it's been answered already!

How do you set these up?
They dose a certain ml per second, you can program it to dose for X number of seconds, you test it first and adjust to your needs. the 3 head pump has 4 speeds of dosing and you can have multiple dosing periods per day per pump, really versatile.

These work out pretty cheap, wish I had seen these before I purchased my parts to make one!

View attachment 249

Or one of these:

Accurate MC-03-M Dosing Peristaltic Metering Pump Triple for Aquarium Lab Reef | eBay

Thank Paulo, how much did it cost you to build 3? i couldn't see on the link if you can alternate the pumps so if i dose micro one day the next day it doesn't hope that makes sence

View attachment 249

Or one of these:

I have just ordered a double dosing pump. I was put off by the triple as you can only program them per 24 hours and not by the days. I am planning on dosing one pump Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the other pump Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday which I think you can do going by the instructions for the double.

Back