• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you send Plants through the post?

BarryH

I'm throwing away a fair bit of Amazon Frogbit most weeks and was wondering if I offered it for sale, how would I send it through the post?

The only plants I've ever had delivered have all been Tropica In-Vitro 1-2 Grow Pots so I've no idea how other plants travel through the postal system. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
stuffed into a really small box!
I re-use a take-away container, the down-side it that you can't post them (via the post-office) as a "large letter", <"they are a "small package">.

Small package is £3.70 first class for up to 35 x 45 x 16 cm and 1 kg. Same dimensions up to 2 kg is £5.57. Second class they are both £3.10. There are various options (signed for, recorded delivery etc) that cost more money.

cheers Darrel

I use pip boxes as they are designed to meet large letter size but you really need to buy them in bulk to justify the cost. They work out about 20p but only if you get 50-100 although you might find them cheap enough as I haven't looked for a long time. They are excellent because they are slim and stop the plants getting squashed. I have had plants sent in jiffy bags and they normally get splattered but those in pip boxes arrive happy.
If you think you will be sending a few plants out in the future then the boxes might be worthwhile for you as you can buy in any number, 20 here work out at about 50p each but save you a decent amount in royal mail postage. Here is an example of what I mean https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-C4...SgbvCS24Fsag&var=530740667497&redirect=mobile different sizes are available and that might not be the best or cheapest seller just the first I found.

Back