• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How does a computer's hardware understand it's base code ?

shuwang

Seedling
How does a computer's hardware understand it's base code in the first place?
So I am a computer programmer, and I'm planning on creating a mobile device by creating the hardware and building a custom circuit board for it.

I haven't done too much research yet, but how does a computer's hardware understand it's base programming language in the first place?

How can a computer's hardware read code and understand what it means?

Well if you dont know about this stuff your gonna have a hard time doing this.

I suggest you start with boolean logic, diodes and transistors.

Though I have a sneaky suspicion that this is the wrong kind of hardware for the UKAPS Forums.

shuwang said:
How does a computer's hardware understand it's base code in the first place?
So I am a computer programmer, and I'm planning on creating a mobile device by creating the hardware and building a custom circuit board for it.

I haven't done too much research yet, but how does a computer's hardware understand it's base programming language in the first place?

How can a computer's hardware read code and understand what it means?

It's a little while since i done my Electrical and Electronic degree but the computer's base code (or brain) is logic ie. 0 or 1.
The zero stands for a transistor that is turned off and the one stands for a transistor turned on. you can create NOT, OR, AND, NAND and NOR gates through different transistor numbers and configurations. A memory is just transistors configured in a certain way and latched in a loop.

Hardware is a little bit more complicated but it uses a configuration of components ie. diodes, transistors, resistors etc.. to manipulate a volatge, frequency or current to filter a signal and/or to turn something on or off.

I could build something useful a few years back but I couldn't even tell you how to build a lego model now! :)

Iliveinazoo said:
I could build something useful a few years back but I couldn't even tell you how to build a lego model now! :)

oh dear! me too :oops: I looked at this thread and thought 15 years ago I could have answered that in my sleep! Nowadays... hmmm, no chance!

Back