• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How easy is ELEOCHARIS VIVIPARA to grow?

Bhavik

I have a low tech setup I dose easylife profito it’s 200L tank and the lighting is a nicrew 25w light.
No co2

Would this place grow fine in my tank?

Thanks

Have a go see how it goes. Like with all plants hard to say 100% as there are so many variables.

Think about fertiliser. The Profito is micro nutrients only so may be worth changing to a more ‘complete’ fertiliser.
Have a look at TNC Complete. Very good fertiliser and good value for your sized tank, £16 for 1L.

I don't know about the Nicrew light, but I've grown it under a single T8 fluorescent light, so it certainly doesn't need a lot of light. Before that I grew it under ordinary household lightbulbs. :)
hth

Have a go see how it goes. Like with all plants hard to say 100% as there are so many variables.

Think about fertiliser. The Profito is micro nutrients only so may be worth changing to a more ‘complete’ fertiliser.
Have a look at TNC Complete. Very good fertiliser and good value for your sized tank, £16 for 1L.
I use profito as the tank is well stock so the plants get the macro from the fish

I don't know about the Nicrew light, but I've grown it under a single T8 fluorescent light, so it certainly doesn't need a lot of light. Before that I grew it under ordinary household lightbulbs. :)
hth
I see I had t8 before changed to these lights now but I have ordered a batch to see how it turns out
How would you say about planting and propagating them? I like the grass like structure it’s just the brown things that grow on them makes it a bit unsightly

The brown bits are the flowers. You can trim them off. You also get new plants appearing at the top of the stems. You can trim those off and plant them.

Back