• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How importent is stability?

skeletonw00t

As the title suggests...

How importent is this in a hi tech tank?
Ie...

Co2
Lighting
Water changes
Dosing.

I am beginning to think a lot of my past failings are due to messing round with co2 too often, irregular dosing/changes & also fiddling with light...

From everything ive learned from this site,
skeletonw00t said:
How importent is this in a hi tech tank?
Ie...

Co2
Lighting
Water changes
Dosing.
VERY!!! , especially lighting and c02.
Cheerio,
Ady.

First of all get your maintenance schedule sorted and stick to it, the remember that CONSISTENCY IS EVERYTHING.
It doesn't mean that you should not try new things...but you need to do it methodically. Get you tank in a way, don't change anything for a while, until your tank is stable, when it is then change one small thing at the time, and give yourself enough time to observe changes if any...and take some notes...it will help you get things right and fix future problems when they happen.
I am new to planted tank but I did just that with a precious marine setup and it worked very well, I use the same principle now and I never found it to go wrong.

callmephathead said:
First of all get your maintenance schedule sorted and stick to it, the remember that CONSISTENCY IS EVERYTHING.
It doesn't mean that you should not try new things...but you need to do it methodically. Get you tank in a way, don't change anything for a while, until your tank is stable, when it is then change one small thing at the time, and give yourself enough time to observe changes if any...and take some notes...it will help you get things right and fix future problems when they happen.
Well said :thumbup:

Back