• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long do you keep your T5 lights for?

TDI-line

I was just wondering how long you keep your T5 lights for, before buying new ones?

I was wondering if mine are for change after a year.

Mine are Giesemann Powerchrome Midday 6000 and Aquaflora bulbs.

The after a year isn't so much marketing hype, more of obsolete info really.

Unless you have a T8 system that runs off magnetic ballast(s) which are easily identifiable by the cylindrical, replaceable starters and that they 'flicker' start then forget the 'year' thing.

The magnetic starter ones may diminish enough after a year to think about replacing.

T5 is more likely to be running off electronic ballasts which should mean they last a lot longer.
T5HO WILL be running off programmed electronic ballasts and WILL mean that they last a lot longer.

I only posted on a question like this earlier on another forum so I guess there is a post that is bringing this issue up somewhere and others are then worrying. lol

Here is what I added to the earlier post. This suggests that T5HO only loses 5% for the first 8000 hours (5 years or so)

http://www.aboutlightingcontrols.org/ed ... -bay.shtml

AC

Back