How Long Does a 2kg CO2 Supply Last (Roughly)

bugs

I realise this is like asking how long is a piece of string; however, I'd like to get some idea of how long my 2kg fire extinguisher will last - just so I can get a replacement in good time.

Foolishly I neglected to follow some good advice to weigh the extinguisher when it was full and work out what net weight it would be when empty (i.e. total weigh minus 2kg).

I'm running at about 20 bpm.

Cheers

foxfish

At 20 bubbles a minute, it will last a long time!
A complete guess but at that rate I would say 10 months or more.
For a average 100l tank running around 3bps, you could expect 3 months +

ian_m

Global Moderator
Staff member
For me 0.013gr CO2 per litre tank water per hour. You can work it out for your tank volume and CO2 duration.

As for weight my FE and regulator come in at 5.4Kg when full dropping to 3.4Kg when empty.

bugs

Mine recently ran out... The replacement revealed a small leak from the reg...

I get through 1 every - 6 weeks roughly for a 350L tank.
My current bottle was slightly lighter when full at 4.8kg, often when there tested the full weight is recorded. I think the empty / tare weight is stamped into the top of the bottle.

Tommy

I get through 1 every - 6 weeks roughly for a 350L tank.
My current bottle was slightly lighter when full at 4.8kg, often when there tested the full weight is recorded. I think the empty / tare weight is stamped into the top of the bottle.
Hi, if your going through them that quick you want to try and see if you can get one from a pub. they are big and should last you at least 6 months to a year. :)

Hi, if your going through them that quick you want to try and see if you can get one from a pub. they are big and should last you at least 6 months to a year. :)
I bought 4 - 2kg fe for £20 before I left Sheffield, there all out of test. I really wanted to swap to the 5kg fe as there £10 each and only marginally bigger. but they seem as rare as rocking horse poo.

I'll have to price up my options when I start tm running low.