• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how long does it take diy co2 to get going?

Danny

Made the mix up with 2 cups of sugar and 1tsp of yeast and filled a 2L coke bottle with warm water up to where the bottle neck forms.

Is has been about an hour I guess and it is just building a big bubble in the bottom of the ladder and not sending up the small bubbles as it should/will.

How long roughly would you expect it to be before it starts sending up single small bubbles and not just building a big bubble and that going up?

Yeah all seems clear, at the moment the bubbles are popping out of the pipe and just sitting under the bottom rung building up until enough has built up then just one big bubble that has built up goes up.

First time with diy co2 so not a clue if this is normal or not lol Just know the bubbles are supposed to run up the ladder and not build up at the bottom.

Guess it will just take a while to get going properly.

if the bubbles arent running up the ladder as they come out then you may want to check the ladder is perfectly straight otherwise it may need a clean. Back in the day when i used diy it would really get going on day two then peter out through the week, which is why it isnt really ideal as the co2 injection fluctuates. It also depends on the mix and temp though, more yeast and warmer water to start will get it cranking in no time but will also burn out quicker.

Whitey89 said:
Danny, the ladder was new when I sent you it. During manufacture it is subject to a process which leaves a film on the plastic, producing the results your talking about.

It will be alright in a week.

:)

Ahha cheers mate, that will be used in the other tank now as only have the one spare power head that I am now using instead, the bubbles where getting better with time and guess by tomorrow it would of been doing it properly :thumbup:

Back