• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long does the bacteria in your filter......

As long as the water in the filter is drained but the media still wet it should be good for a good few hours. Its when its left off full of water the lack of oxygen into the filter can have a negative effect

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

if i ever intend leaving my filter off for any length of time (couple of days) i empty the contents into a bucket of tank water with a small airstone,as long as the media has oxygen it should be fine

please correct me if im wrong.

cheers dave

Hi all,
if i ever intend leaving my filter off for any length of time (couple of days) i empty the contents into a bucket of tank water with a small airstone,as long as the media has oxygen it should be fine
long as the water in the filter is drained but the media still wet it should be good for a good few hours. Its when its left off full of water the lack of oxygen into the filter can have a negative effect
Either of these techniques work. Have a look a this thread: <Power loss during the winter-concerned about bacteria in filter | UK Aquatic Plant Society>.

cheers Darrel

Back