• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long for wood to dry out?

fish.com1

Hi all,

I've been setting up my tank today, but unfortunately ran out of time so haven't got it planted or filled. Now I put the wood in and don't want to take it out again because it took me a good few hours to get it in to place, so I have sprayed/moistened everything in the tank (wood, glass etc) and cling filmed the top over. Will the wood dry out overnight (i'll be planting/filling tomorrow), and float when I fill the tank up, or should it stay put? It has been soaking for well over a month, with the occassional boiling, and I have rooted it well into the substrate.

Thanks for looking
Alex

fish.com1 said:
Hi all,

Will the wood dry out overnight (i'll be planting/filling tomorrow), and float when I fill the tank up,
Alex

It wont dry out overnight - I would bet it would take a couple of week to dry out completely. Any second hand wood I have bought (EBay) I have rinsed with water and popped it straight into the tank, new wood I have soaked for a week then pop it into the tank.

Paul.

Back