• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many bubbles per second?

jamesw

Hi guys, just got my c02 system and ive set it all up just wanted to ask how many bubbles per second should i have? thanks

Hi James,

It all depends on the size of the bubbles and the size of the tank!

If you've got a drop checker with 4dkH water in there with the pH indicator, then you'll know if there's enough co2 in the water column.

If would suggest you start of slow, maybe 1bps per second and observe the drop checker a few hours later (as the change isn't instant). You want the drop checker to be green, yellow is too much turn it down and blue means there's not enough in there.

Just be patient and take your time to get the right co2 in there.

As Clark say, it really does vary and should not be used as a base guide imo. I pump easily more than 9 bps in a 60cm tank, but the light is 4 wpg. If I had 2 wpg I know I could drop my co2 slightly.

Drop Checkers will give you a better idea of where to start, but these take time to change colour and you will always be 2 hours behind because of this. Use the DC as a base, getting the DC solution as green as possible, then increase the co2 very slowly over time and watch how the fish react.

http://www.ukaps.org/drop-checker.htm

Back