• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many false/green neon tetras in 30 litre/5 gallon tank?

gregalon

Hello I have a 30-30-30cm tank with one siamese fighter, 2 otos, 2 corys and shrimp. I had rummy nose but i heard they weren't good for a nano tank. So how many false/green neon tetras could I put in my tank I was thinking 7-9? thanks gregalon (I used the surface area rule, so 30cm of fish).

Re: How many false/green neon tetras in 30 litre/5 gallon ta

Thanks, well according to the website, in a 30 litre tank with 10x + turnover rate I can have 1 betta splendens and some shrimp! seems a bit over the top to me but I think that 7 false neons would definitely be fine considering I do 50% weekly water changes and have a decently planted tank. Just thought some people might have been in the same predicament ;)!

Thanks, well according to the website, in a 30 litre tank with 10x + turnover rate I can have 1 betta splendens and some shrimp! seems a bit over the top to me but I think that 7 false neons would definitely be fine considering I do 50% weekly water changes and have a decently planted tank. Just thought some people might have been in the same predicament ;)! Thanks anyway though :)

yes 7 neon would do fine

Hi all,
I wouldn't put Green Neons in a nano, they are quite demanding fish in terms of water quality and a bigger tank with a greater volume gives you added stability. Personally I wouldn't put any more fish in your tank, although you could possibly have a couple more Cories if they are C. panda sized or smaller and you are confident about your ability to keep good water conditions. You might also like a couple more Otocinclus (but not if you add more Cories), but again there are water quality/stability issues in small tanks.

cheers Darrel

Back