• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many tanks do YOU run?

One 80 cm tank with a very large piece of wood with which if you look closely is floating, two nanos, one with Antoine (after Gruezman) the betta, one with shrimp, all low tech. The big tank has three troublesome Kribs which I need to move on as I would like to add Amano shrimp and Endlers.

Moved house, now only running one tub in the garage. I should be setting up a tank in the new year.

I bought my current house with plans of creating a “fish alcove” with half of the garage, but I’ve lost the motivation 😕 having never gone a day without a fish pet, I’m unsure what to make of that.

Moved house, now only running one tub in the garage. I should be setting up a tank in the new year.

I bought my current house with plans of creating a “fish alcove” with half of the garage, but I’ve lost the motivation 😕 having never gone a day without a fish pet, I’m unsure what to make of that.
Hopefully setting up a new tank in the new year will get your mojo working again.

Probably in my experience of it moving house you sort of have loads to sort out , then you realize how much you miss your aquariums so that moment will return🙂

Well, I have one more now which will replace this 3 Gallon Cube...

It's going to be a pretty big upgrade for my little man Chester the Plakat Dragon Scale Betta😁. The build will be another low tech planted tank with the following build list...

Tank - UNS 30C(7.1 US Gallon/27L)
Lid - D&D Jump Guard Pro
Lighting - Nicrew RGB+W 24/7(12-18")
Filter - Eheim Classic 2211(150) Canister
Heater - Eheim Jager 50watt
Air Stone - Aquario Neo Diffuser Air(Medium)
Substrate - Fluval Stratum in zippered mesh bags with a thick Biostratum cap
Hardscape - Dark Pagoda Stone & Spiderwood

I may add Aquario Neo Inlet/Outlet pipes one day but, am out of budget for now so I will be running the stock Eheim pipes for a while. Hopefully I can get a reasonably low flow velocity with the stock spray bar.

I am still deciding on the plant list but, will be pulling mainly from my propagation tank I posted above. This build is going to have minimal hardscape and is going to be more about the plants and swimming space for Chester and his pal Henry the Zebra Nerite Snail. Should be a fun build, I just need to figure out a stand for it as it is too heavy for the current one...

Edit: Changed the Substrate & Hardscape plan.

Last edited:
That's how I've ended up with 8!
Bahaha, luckily I think my laziness will keep it at least somewhat in check😂.

This little 3 US Gallon tank is getting broken down and sold as soon as it's safe to move the livestock over to their new home. It's been a good little tank and taught me a lot. It was my first aquarium that I bought when I got into this hobby almost 7.5 months ago(wow, time flies) and it spent the first 2 months as a fish only tank before I got the planted tank bug. Surprisingly, it still looks decent(day 6 since water change) even with me stealing plants out of it(along with its good light) and neglecting it in favour of the new builds. It is going to be hard to break it down...

Last edited:
Back