• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much substrate ? Real life answers ...

Tony Swinney

Hi

I thought it might be of use to show how much substrate it actually takes to cover a tank in real life, so :

100 x 45 cm tank - 2 x 9l Aquasoil Malaya = 4cm deep front to back (Tonser)

120 x 45 cm - 3 x 10L Oliver Knot Nature Soil = 6 - 8" at back, sloped top front (Saintly)

60 x 30 cm - 2 x 9L Aquasoil = 6" at back, sloped to 1.5" at front (Garuf)

Feel free to add to this list when you start a new tank, and I'll edit it into this list :D

Cheers

Tony

Re: 100 x 45 - how much substrate ? Answer here...

good idea tonser, this could be for other substrates too such as oli knott nature soil :D

Re: 100 x 45 - how much substrate ? Answer here...

in a 120 x 45 x 45 with good depth at the back (slope front to back)

3 x 10L bags of Oliver knot Nature Soil. i'll confirm later 8)

well someone could cut out the chatty bits at the end and then just have the info that people need and turn it iinto a sticky. would be a good idea.

to clarify, 2 and a half bags is good for a 120 x 4 5 x45. but remember it's scapers prerogative as to how deep you'd want it at the back....i like 6- 8 inches, so i'd use 3 bags.

good god, i cant believe i'm using my spare substrate as a gauging tool.... :lol: i best put it in a scape eh?

sorry that wasnt mean to be a 'sniudy' comment i was just saying that the finished product wilkl just contain the 'info' and not me crappy chat!

sorry, i cant remember how much substrate i used.

I used nearly 2 whole 9l bags of aquasoil in my 60x30x30, inch and a half deep at the front, about 6 inches deep at the back.

Back