• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How often do you change the drop checker contents

wick

Hi
how often do you guys change your pH Reagent and water inside your checker?
Also,is it best to remove the sucker cup,or pull the checker out of the cup ?
ps,i think i need to get out more :?

Erm... whenever I remember :oops:

Basically I take it out and wipe it over, the stick it on the outside of the tank when I do water changes. It always turns back to blue during this time so I figure it's still doing its job, why change it.... this is where someone comes along and tells me I'm doing it all wrong... but generally I wait until it fades.

Egmel said:
Erm... whenever I remember :oops:

Basically I take it out and wipe it over, the stick it on the outside of the tank when I do water changes. It always turns back to blue during this time so I figure it's still doing its job, why change it.... this is where someone comes along and tells me I'm doing it all wrong... but generally I wait until it fades.

Well once you get your CO2 flowing the rate you want then its not really a great problem if you forget to change it, as it will always be green, more usefull when you want to increase or reduce the rate. Sometimes I don't bother changing mine either :p

I don't change mine until the indicator colour fades or the drop checker needs cleaning. That's every couple of months or so!

Back